Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Work in Progress - 2009 Calendar

It's been a while since I've posted any new work, so here's a little teaser of something I'm working on for this year's Craftland show. It's a calendar of loose cards that fit into a jewel case stand. I think I'm coming up on about halfway done, so I'd better get a move on. Here's the current state of November. Hopefully you can tell it's supposed to be like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon.

I still really have no art (or many concepts) for March, June, August, & September, so let me know if you've got any suggestions.

3 comments:

Áron said...

March and September are both equinox months, and June is the summer solstice. You could play around with some day/night themes?

Doesn't March have the "in like a lion, out like a lamb" thing, too? That's promising for illustration!

Mike said...

Thanks Áron. I like those ideas. I think the lion/lamb thing could be totally promising. I currently just have a shamrock pattern, which isn't very cool at the moment. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Oh, and nice website! I had never heard of these love hotels...

the best brother you ever had! said...

I actually thought the bird was plummeting to its death due to its inability to fly caused by its freakishly small wings.
I think you're missing the obvious.
Why not picture the bird served up on a festive platter with stuffing and some red bliss potatoes. Its November. Think Thanksgiving! Think dead bird!