Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby


So it's been a long long time since my last post, but I want to get into the habit of posting a bit more frequently. I'll start with a personal project I recently did. Abby and I were planning on painting a wall in our house with magnetic paint for when our 7 month old daughter Willa is a bit older and wants to hang artwork and play with magnetic alphabet letters, etc. We weren't in a huge rush to get this done since that will be a while, but when Abby and Willa went away for a night to visit family, I decided to paint the wall on the sly. I painted the wall with 3 coats of dark black magnetic primer, and finished with 2 coats of the blue wall color that was there before. She came home and thankfully didn't notice anything, since the paint was still a bit tacky and a little smelly. Then, when Abby's birthday rolled around I designed and printed a tiled Happy Birthday mural to serve as a huge birthday card. It's made up of 35 11" x 17" prints. Pictured on the mural are Willa, me, our dog Teddy, and my teddy bear that I've had forever, Nibbles. Also pictured is a Friendly's Watermelon ice cream roll. It was the only thing Abby asked for for her birthday, so I figured I ought to include it in the mural. She got the real deal too.

No comments: